What are the main benefits of staying in a serviced apartment or an aparthotel?
- Kitchen facilities: Having a kitchen/kitchenette so you can cook a meal or prepare a snack whenever you choose is a major advantage and can save valuable time and money
- Space: you’ll enjoy more space than in a conventional hotel room, particularly when you opt for an apartment with one or more bedrooms but even in a studio apartment you will find a separate area to cook/dine/relax as well as a separate sleeping area.
- Privacy: most serviced apartments offer a weekly housekeeping service so you can enjoy more privacy
- Flexibility: you have maximum flexibility to live to your own schedule and come and go as you please
- Quality: you can trust the ASAP Quality Accreditation Marque and book with confidence knowing the operator or agent has been subject to a rigorous assessment by the ASAP
- Cost-effective: most operators offer preferential rates for longer stays eg from 7 or 28 nights; and in the UK for stays of 28+ nights the VAT reduces to 4%. Further cost savings can be made by dining in.
Who are serviced apartments/aparthotels suitable for?
- Business travellers When travelling away on business for anything from one night to one week, or several months or even longer, business travellers find having ‘their own place’ so they can live as independently as possible, and have the space to work as well as to cook, sleep and eat is a great advantage. And with the cost per night reducing the longer the stay, companies can make significant savings.
- Leisure travellers Serviced apartments and aparthotels work well for leisure travellers.
- Families find the extra living space especially useful for children to relax; and separate bedrooms mean children can keep to their normal routine.
- Groups of friends on a weekend break similarly enjoy having a living/kitchen area to socialise together.
- Solo travellers appreciate having the privacy of ‘their own space’ and especially the use of a kitchen so they have maximum flexibility to eat in when they choose
Benefits of Serviced Apartments
Whether travelling for business or leisure, alone, with a group or with family serviced apartments can offer a lot of benefits:
Staying in a serviced apartment gives you the room to work, cook, relax and sleep and on average you can expect to enjoy 30% more space than an equivalent standard of hotel. A typical one bedroom service apartment is around twice the size of the average hotel room.
Value & Save on Longer Stays
Serviced apartment prices are typically 20% less than hotel rates of the same standard. There are no hidden extras (mini-bars, room service etc.) to be paid for either. And because the VAT reduces to 4% after 28 nights longer stays can offer further savings. Many providers also accommodate bookings for long term bookings which are required Monday to Fridays only to meet the need of corporate guests which can offer even further savings.
Location, Location Location!
Serviced apartments are situated in great locations. They can be found in every major city throughout the world. Located in the heart of many tourist destinations as well as important business districts enables serviced apartments to meet the needs of various consumer groups!
You are free to come and go as you wish, enabling you to do things to meet your own schedule. The availability of the facilities in the apartment mean you can cook whenever you wish, work whenever you need to work, and there’s the added space to entertain guests or hold business meetings all within your own private space and at times that suit. You can often find apartments with several bathrooms and bedrooms which branch off from one central living area, this can work well for families, colleagues or groups travelling together.
Cooking & Washing Facilities
Having your own kitchen is convenient, cost-effective and also great if you have special dietary requirements as you can self-cater. At the very least, serviced apartments have communal laundries, but most have their own washer and dryers giving you the option of doing your own laundry. Convenient and cost-saving!
Additional Facilities & Services
If facilities such as gyms, pools, concierge, restaurants or bars are part of your travel needs many serviced properties offer these and more, often rivalling the facilities offered by hotels. Serviced apartments make a great alternative!
Many properties offer the chance to order bespoke hampers or welcome packs for your arrival as well as the availability of shopping services where you can pre-select goods for delivery. Rather than spending lots on the in-room mini bar you can buy and keep whatever snacks and drinks you like.
Don’t dismiss apartments as being boring box rooms. There is an array of apartments available, from the budget to the luxury, with plush interiors and top quality furnishings. Apartments offer a fully equipped kitchen, high quality bed linen, towels and toiletries. First class home entertainment facilities are available with many offering Sky TV and entertainment packages.
Unlike hotels or similar accommodation types, serviced apartment providers offer free Wi-Fi to their guests as standard!
You can use the space in your apartment to host small business meetings around the dining table in your apartment. Some providers also have onsite meeting rooms or will assist you in booking external space as needed
Easy To Book
Providers offer their own online booking facilities as well as apartments being available via online booking agents.
Serviced apartments generally offer a greater degree of privacy. Apartments allow you to bypass the formalities and in many cases you simply can let yourself in and make yourself at home! A reduced maid service means your apartment can be kept clean but you can retain privacy without constant interruptions.
By their very nature, serviced apartments are private, self-contained accommodations. In addition you will find that they’re complete with 24 hour CCTV, secure entry and often around the clock security staff.
Home from home
Serviced apartments give you the home from home experience that you do not get in hotels or guest houses, you have the space, the room and the flexibility which is perfect for leisure or business travellers.
They are regulated
operator members providing serviced apartments can participate in the Quality Accreditation Programme which ensures they are compliant with core compliance of legal, health and safety requirements and good practice. It enables you to stay with confidence!
We are proud members of the Association of International Property Professionals (AIPP).
The AIPP stands for the “Association of international Property Professionals” and it is the industry body for the international property market.
It is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving standards of professionalism in the international property market.